Sunday 23 May 2010

It was my aim this weekend to get as many of the remaining shots composited, so that the rest of the week could be devoted to making minor tweaks and concentrating on getting the hand in folders put together for marking. I was very pleased with my progress this weekend. Here are the completed stills:

Shot 13:

The first shot with both characters together. This was complicated in terms of creating a working light set up within Maya. The number of render layers have also been doubled.


(Light setup, render layers and After Effects composite)

Shot 15:

Shot 17:
To create a sense of depth with this over the shoulder shot, I applied the 'Lens Blur' filter within After Effects to the Splay layer. The amount of blur will be toned down slightly.

Shot 18:

Shot 20:

I think some adjustment with contrast will need to be made, as in some shots, it appears as if there is a wall of rock surrounding the characters rather than the rays of light. I am also slightly concerned that the style looks more two dimensional based than three dimensional. I may be wrong. It will be easier to see how this works once every file been exported as a movie file from Adobe After Effects. This will be a time consuming process this week, so the sooner I start doing this the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment