Tuesday 8 December 2009

Spotlight Test.1

Now that Splay is taking a darker route, visually, it will be interesting to light and texture (not that it wasn't before though). Spotlights can be moody, atmospheric and very theatrical:



I have started to experiment with a spotlight in Maya, changing the values of the light, as well as adding fog to get a look which works. I have not incorporated a model of a character, as I wanted to remain with a simple environment at the moment.


One of my biggest concerns was how to achieve the effect of dust particles floating through the air? I considered using Maya dynamics or creating these in after effects in post, but a Gnomon Workshop tutorial suggested a better idea - apply a 3D granite texture to the density attribute of the light fog. I can then animate this texture to make it appear they are moving through the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment