Monday 16 November 2009

Dan Edgley gave me a couple of Polished Off poster designs to work with over the weekend. I concentrated on the second, more complicated design, where all the composition is warped, as if viewed from a fish eye lens. I attempted to paint this via Photoshop, but decided to create everything as 3D objects in Maya. This was probably no shortcut, but the results were pleasing. Dan had an idea in mind to make the poster very dark and graphic, as if from a Frank Miller comic strip. I haven't gone down that route, but will develop the rendered occlusion further to achieve different effects.


I was surprised this play on perspective would work, its a completely different method of making a 2D composition using 3D elements to look 2D - if you know what I mean! Here are a couple of screenshots from the Maya scene file:

1 comment: