Sunday 25 October 2009

While taking a break from modelling the prototype house for Splay, I felt I really wanted to focus on the character of Splay itself. I had all these images in my mind of how this little creature would translate from Phil's 2D drawings into 3D in Maya. I wanted to create a couple of concept images developing the lighting and texture style. I realise these may have been worked on in Adobe Photoshop, but it was fun to experiment with the different textures I had collected, without having to fiddle around tirelessly in Maya to achieve the same effect. That being said, I will move onto that stage as soon as possible. Phil suggested Splay would have a chalky texture to him, but still be organic, not like the stony surface of the buildings.



I have used real chalk textures for Splay, as well as my own painted brush stroke textures for the ground and other elements. I am very happy with these images, but am fully aware that I must start producing results within Maya.

1 comment:

  1. Grigs, I've decided to look over all you're work and analyze what I think works and what doesn't, hopefully it will be of some use. Check the team blog.

    ReplyDelete