Tuesday 6 October 2009

A much more productive day for the team, I guess its a Monday thing! Everyone apart from Phil focussed on pre-production for Polished Off. My aim was to do a digital image and work on texture for the environment. I didn't feel entirely sure how to go about this in Photoshop, so created a 3D version from a combination of Edgley's and Alec's drawings, to get the more stylised look they are going for. At first I started to block out the scene, but as the day progressed I went into obsessive detail with the modelling; it was great to go back into Maya and build stuff. It was actually quite therapeutic and the first time at college I've felt comfortable sitting down and doing work, rather than at home.


I managed to complete almost all of the intensive care room, apart from the sink and adding a cushion on the bed. There are other minor details which need to be altered, but since this is only for concept, I can be more flexible with making mistakes. Once I've completed this tomorrow, Ill move onto applying colour and textures in a similar look to Lost and Found.

There seems to be an issue with Maya 2010's render settings which has prevented me from applying render passes to layers. Thankfully Nathan Wright showed me a neat method how to get around this, by simply creating an Ambient Occlusion shader in the hypershade and then applying this to the objects I wish to render. This was very handy, especially since I wanted to render everything occluded.

But there must be a solution to the render passes thing right?

No comments:

Post a Comment