Thursday 1 October 2009

Edgley liked some of the texture concepts for the hospital ward I had done at home last night, but in all honesty they were not as good as I had hoped them to be. I intend to develop these further during the weekend.

I concentrated on more concept for Splay today, returning to colour again. I scanned in a pastel drawing I made the other day, then in Adobe Photoshop, added texture layers as well as altering the colour to achieve the right look:


I think Splay will be a difficult project to get the style right for - the story itself is a lighthearted and meaningful one and we don't want to reflect the opposite of that. So far, the style is quite dark and harsh and Phil has stressed that more light needs to be incorporated into the environment. The style of the clouds in the sky will also be an aspect which will have to be carefully addressed - after our tutor Dan Dalli suggested that since Splay is set on another world, we should try to avoid making it look as realistic to our own planet as possible, and so I aim in other concept pieces to make the environment and other elements more abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment