Friday 30 October 2009

We wanted to continue the rhythm of yesterday and get going with the storyboard, but realised it was just as important to attend Gareth Munden's tutorial. In the afternoon we went back downstairs for another painful story session. When I say painful, I mean that more in a frustrated sense. There are some areas of the story that have been complicated to visualise, bearing in mind the action of the characters and the overall pacing. The character Jed can never acknowledge the patient in the room - this opens many comic possibilities but makes a nightmare out of thumbnailing. You want a particular shot to work, yet often it doesn't and then you have to think around that time and time again.

We desperately wanted the rough storyboard to be completed, but we agreed we would need at least the weekend and one more day next week to work on it. Much of the beginning and ending sequences are completed, but there are a few scenes that we have consistently froze on. Our task over the weekend is to thumbnail ideas for the montage of shots up to the point where the character Ed passes out and dies.

I hope I have made some good contributions so far; creating visual gags has never been my strength, but I've tried my best in giving advice in camera angles and composition. Working with Dan and Alec on this has been a funny, but valuable experience for me. They are such a great dynamic and its been a privilege to tag along for the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment